Monday 13 October 2014

Countdown...Days 20/19

Day 20 we went to Home Depot and purchased a few items that would help us prepare for the work this week.  One of the guys from church said he might be able to help do some door hanging and finishing work...he's very talented but has physical ailments so I wanted to be careful about what he was going to lift and such.  He said maybe Tuesday he would come and help.

Day 19.  Well, my finishing guy from Church showed up unexpectedly this morning, so I was glad we picked up some materials yesterday!  I wasn't expecting anyone today and had found a used utility trailer for sale (I've been looking for one at a good deal for a couple months now) and I happened to be the first to reply to an add, but had to go get it right away before other interested parties grabbed it before me.  Anyways, I ran out and got the trailer and left the finishing guy to do his thing (I felt bad but I'm learning to be flexible and not always have to be around when trusted professionals are working on the house).

This is what I came back to...well, I helped for a couple hours, but by quitting time all seven interior doors were hung and trimmed on one side!  Now we can start laying the baseboard trim!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment