Monday 20 October 2014

Countdown...Days 14, 13, 12!

Today I picked up our plumbing finishing fixtures from the wholesaler.  Sinks, taps, toilets.



 We cleared out the Master Bedroom and applied floor levelling compound so we can install the flooring in the LAST ROOM tomorrow!




 Here's a teaser of how the ceiling trim looks as a border around the living room.




And in case you needed a closer look at what the cabinet color is...they're white with a brownish "scraping" textured on them.  I think they're going to be really great!


Was able to get all the door trims completed as well.  A few tricky corners and tight spots so a great deal of back and forths to the chop saw were necessary.  I'm not a finishing carpenter so you'll have to excuse the imperfections.


This one door (the main door into the living area) took way too long to figure out...I wish I knew the tricks of finishing carpentry, but alas, it's up.



We picked up the floor transitions the other day so I thought I'd put those down today as well.  Each one needed to be custom cut and/or notched for a good fit.







The new floor registers (cheap plastic ones) actually worked out really great and look quite nice!  The two flooring color choices really seem to work well together too!





A few very generous friends of my Mom's purchased new mattresses for all the boys.  They were delivered by a staff members connection last week and I put them on the beds to air out before we move in.



Remember last week all the windows were replaced?  Well, each day I'm in the house working I have to consciously think about outside sounds now.  I didn't know it was raining tonight until I opened a window and could clearly hear it.  Also, I have one small 1500 watt heater running and it keeps the place quite warm...the house is a little tighter now than it was before that's for certain!


No comments:

Post a Comment