Friday 4 March 2016

Sealed, dashed, and badged...

Sealed...

That means the windows are in!  Unfortunecookie, the windshield cracked within the last 2" of the company installing it, so I'll be taking the truck into their shop early next week for another try.  According to the owner of the company there is a certain way to install that type of windshield and he assumed his guys knew this...apparently not.  No big deal, they'll take care of it and all will be good.

They were able to install the two rear side windows and the back hatch window quite successfully and where my chrome trim was removed (and destroyed because it was super brittle) I bought some black "welting" which they kindly installed with the help of an amazing tool which probably saved me hours and hours of finicky time and the potential of breaking a window...so I'm stoked.

Not really windows, but the side view mirrors and rear view mirror are also in their place.

Also, in relation to things being sealed, all the lights are on and working as well as the door handles and inner door panels.


Dashed...

I was able to get the dash, gauges, cluster, wiring harness, etc...all nicely back together.  Outside of the brown steering wheel (which will eventually change colors once I order my leather wrap cover for it), all the painted parts and pieces which used to be brown are now in their happy place.

Badged...

It's officially a Toyota Landcruiser again...at least that's what the emblems say.


This weekend I'm aiming for underlay, carpet, and seats to be installed.









No comments:

Post a Comment