Tuesday 8 March 2016

Road Worthy

Well folks, with only a few minor details left to bring this to "completed," I offer these pics as the last for awhile.

Since October I've put in around 1000hrs into this restoration and it is high time to gather up the family and take 'er for a road trip!

I had thought earlier that the winch was going to block the "Toyota" sign but apparently the old googly eye 7" round halogen driving lights did that...they will be replaced in short order, but without the wobble so the wifey doesn't get wigged out.

All in all things turned out quite well. I've taken it for a couple test drives and it's noticeably quieter, smoother, and even has a bit more power since I replaced that IP vacuum bladder.

ONE MORE THING THOUGH...

I cannot express enough gratitude to John @ RADD Cruisers in Duncan for not only donating the body and letting me steal numerous used parts from his storage container, but for his patience with me as I would call or text or just show up with questions along the way with this project and he was always super helpful, encouraging, brilliantly knowledgeable, generous, understanding, and just downright awesome.  Thanks again John for supporting our family in this unique way and for giving me the opportunity to do something I thought I might be able to do much further down the road and making a dream a reality for me.
If any of you who read this are looking for a mechanic in the Duncan area, please consider using John as he (and his team) not only work on 4x4 vehicles, but all makes and models.  You can find him under either "E4Auto" or "Radd Cruisers" (http://raddcruisers.ca/) as he has combined both companies under one roof to offer a diverse automotive repair experience.  His rates are fair, his work is top notch, and his professionalism is something he takes very seriously.

And now, without further ado...




























5 comments:

  1. Amazing! Hats off to the entire family! And now for that road trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it Sherri! I told Rach yesterday that I'm positive we'll make it there, but it won't be quickly...all 90hp will be working (a 1983 Honda Accord 3-door had 83hp, and was 1/3 the weight, so...) we wont be passing anybody that's for certain ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have accomplished a work of art, and more practical than my oil on canvas … Well done Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing little bro'

    ReplyDelete