Saturday 27 February 2016

Good from far...far from good :-)

Got a few coats on the entire truck today.

Besides a huge gust of wind which blew open the shop doors and a bunch of dust into the shop, my inexperience with a spray gun, a less than professional body-work job, and splashing paint thinner into my eyes...it was a great day!

I will say that my respect for those who do this kind of stuff for a living has increased a great deal through all this.

I will also say that although my personal expectations for how a $300 paint job should turn out were likely much higher than they should have been, the results are positive in that (1) the truck is sealed and (2) one single color.

Here are a few pics from inside my shop with poor lighting (for this kind of thing anyways) which gives different hues and darks/lights.  Can't wait for it to cure so I can take it outside (when the weather is better) and see what it actually looks like.










1 comment: